Today’s blog challenge topic is about food so I’m going to share with you one of my favorite recipes. My most favorite is actually a chocolate cake but I’m trying to be more health conscious so I’m sharing my Greek salad recipe (my apologies to the cake lovers!).
- 1 large head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 3 medium Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 1 (9oz) jar sliced kalamata olives
- 2 (4oz) packages feta cheese
- ½ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 (5oz) package croutons (about 3 cups)
Basically you just throw all of the ingredients together and mix well; I usually mix the first six ingredients first, then add the dressing and croutons. Of course you can adjust the quantities of everything to suit your taste, this is just the way I like it. I do mix the croutons in, also, so they soak up some of the dressing, but if it sits too long they get soggy so add them just before serving. This makes a huge amount of salad so my husband and I only have this for dinner when I make it, but it’s good as a side dish if you have a large family or if you’re having a get together.
P.S. the photo isn’t my actual salad, but it’s close enough 🙂